Sciatica is a common pain felt along the sciatic nerve, which starts in the lower back and travels down through each leg. Pain is felt when part of the nerve is compressed due to a herniated disk, bone spur, or narrowing of the spine.
Symptoms of Sciatica
- Shooting pain down one leg
- Pain that originates in the lower back
- Weakness or numbness in leg or foot
- Pins and needles feeling in leg or foot
- Difficulty doing daily activities
Although pain associated with sciatica can be intense, it often times can be managed with simple, non-invasive treatments over the course of several weeks. Chiropractic care and physical therapy are effective, natural solutions to pain management to avoid harsh drugs or surgery.